Though we are a county-funded organization, many of our outreach, rescue, and adoption programs are made possible through the generous donations of citizens. If you'd like to give a little bit to help lost animals in our community, we do accept donations. Donations can be given in person, through the mail, or through Utah FACES.
Amazon Wish Lists
- You can help the dogs by fulfilling items from their Amazon Wishlist! Everything from peanut butter to kongs! All items purchased will ship directly to the shelter.
- You can help the cats by fulfilling items from their Amazon Wishlist! Everything from toys to scratch posts! All items purchased will ship directly to the shelter.
Online Donation Now Available
We are now able to accept monetary donations online for many specific projects. Go to our online donations portal today to make a donation to 1 or more of 6 specific projects:
- Animal Placement Programs
- Your donation will be used to support adoptions, rescues, and special focus programs such as the Pit Bull program.
- In the event of a community-wide emergency, who comes in to care for the displaced animals? We do! Your donation will help provide us with emergency response training and equipment to help the often-overlooked family members in the case of an emergency.
- As a county agency, we have limited resources available to help animals that come into the shelter with serious illnesses or injuries. Your donation can help change the lives of many of these otherwise hopeless animals.
- The future of animals in the Salt Lake Valley can only be improved through the widespread efforts of valley residents. Your donation can help us spread the word about the proper care and treatment of animals. Your donation will also help us bring our message of humane treatment into youth centers and schools to help teach the next generation of county residents.
- Salt Lake County Animal Services cares for around 10,000 animals each year. Our facilities and equipment are consistently stretched to their limit to provide the best care possible for the dislocated animals in our community. Donations to the General Shelter Fund assist us with equipment and improvements above and beyond what would be possible with our existing operational budget.
- Salt Lake County Animal Services has significantly outgrown its current facility. To continue to provide increased services to the community and to further increase the numbers of lives we can save, we really need a new, larger facility. Your donations will bring us closer to our goal of saving over 90% of the animals in our care. (A certain number will unfortunately always be too sick, injured, or aggressive to be saved).
In addition to funding, we are in constant need of the following supplies. If you can open your hearts and share ANY of these items, we would be extremely grateful.
- Dawn Dish Detergent
- Paper Towels
- Bite-sized Dog Treats (any brand)
- Peanut Butter
- Laundry Detergent
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Soft Treats
- Canned Dog/Cat Food
We appreciate whatever items you are willing to share with us. Please note, however, that we are no longer in need of or accepting newspapers. We advise those wishing to donate newspapers to instead return them to your nearest recycling center. Thank you.
Due to our increased veterinary activities, our clinic is regularly in need of the following materials. If your beloved pet has passed away or is no longer part of your family, please consider donating his/her medical supplies to help another animal.
- Erythromycin opthalmic ointment
- Sterile saline
- Plasmalyte, Normosol, and Lactated Ringers fluids
- IV lines and drip sets
- Any non-expired medications from animals that have passed away
- Medicated shampoo
- Unopened prescription diets canned and dry as well as any unopened novel protein diets
- Injectable antibiotics
- Any nonexpired cardiac medication (enalapril, benazepril, lasix, pimobenden, etc)
- Bandaging material